Monday, April 11, 2011

my wine steward dream come true

In a week from now I will be heading on my journey to Mackinac Island, Michigan where I will be working as a wine steward at the Grand Hotel. This will be only a six month job, but an amazing
learning opportunity, gaining experience in the industry. I say this is a dream come true because I've wanted to do this years ago. Thanks to God's amazing grace He introduced me to Elizabeth Schweitzer, my wine studies teacher and master sommelier. She inspires me to follow my passion in wine studies and informed me about this wine steward job. I look forward to working with her this summer, absorbing as much wine and service knowledge as I possibly can.
This trip is definitely a leap of faith though, from the journey there to life away from home (my family and friends) but I trust Christ to be with me along the way since this was a God given blessing. I pray I share God's joy and presence to those around me.
Keep checking in as I share post about my new adventure, experiences, wine tips, facts and referrals.

Raise your glass of wine and cheers to new opportunities!

~Kristine