Monday, January 2, 2012

52 WEEKS OF WINE

I pondered my 2012 new years resolution. Who wants to do something they don't enjoy, like dieting or working out. I like drinking wine, especially trying new wines. That's the only way you actually "learn" about wine is by experiencing its aromas and flavors. Practice makes perfect, right? So, for a better excuse to drink wine weekly I'm thinking of incorporating traveling the world, one glass at a time. Instead of spending a fortune traveling the world (even though this will probably still cost me a small fortune) I'll taste a particular regions wine. My good friend, Elizabeth, a master sommelier, taught me that the best way to experience a culture is by drinking their wine. Think about it, winemakers will create their wine to best pair with their culture. Most of a wine's aroma and flavor comes from the environment the grapes grew in, or terroir as the French would say. You can visit Italy in a bottle of wine, or Argentina, or even in the states, like Washington. So would you like to join me in my travels??
Every week I will pick a bottle of wine from anywhere in the world and I'm willing to try a wine from a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e. I will post a blog weekly with my tasting notes to share with you. Follow along by finding the same wine. Your input is important as well. Lets make 2012 a year of learning something new, in a fun and tasty way ;)
Cheers!