Wednesday, February 1, 2012

52 weeks of WINE: week 3

Hey my wine travelers,

Probably thought I got lost there for a little while, huh?
I had a good friend visiting me for the past week and a half, I was showing her the true west coast lifestyle. Arizona, beach, Hollywood, and VEGAS!! Lots of fun. Had the privilege of drinking some Dom Perignon. I won't make you go out and purchase that one for homework, but definitely treat yourself one day.
Well, I came home to a surprise today, a open bottle of red wine from Paso Robles. Yes, we're making a u-turn, heading back to Paso Robles in our journey. I forgot something there. (haha)

A $5.99 red blend from Trader Joes, Long Arm Lot 81 from Paso Robles, California 'NV', which means "non vintage", no particular year. Look at that next time you search for a new wine to try. If you want to experiment, get the same grape varietal, from the same vineyard, BUT different years. Taste and smell the difference. Its like capturing that year in a bottle. Talk about experiencing some history!
Red blends are easy drinking. Not so robust. This particular one was super balance. Not one flavor or aroma stuck out to me. Very smooth. Fruit forward, ripe, and like a party in your mouth! (haha)
I definitely like to hear your opinion on this one.
Perfect kind of wine to bring to a dinner party, or even a BBQ. Fun for everyone.
Drank this wine with a salsa inspired chicken dish....ummm...YUM! (crock pot frozen chicken breast with your favorite salsa and taco seasoning)

This one is worth a try and you can't say no to that price.
CHEERS!!

Awesome looking bottle too! ;)